For a while now the Lord has been ministering to me about the spirit of blasphemy, and it’s devastating effects on the human psyche. This is a religious demon, and the Lord revealed to me that this powerful blasphemy demon actually sits on a throne. It is a stronghold in peoples lives, and causes them to think blasphemous thoughts and can even give them blasphemous dreams and visions. It causes people to elevate themselves, to think of themselves as gods, to think of themselves as having some sort of power or control that is of themselves.
The spirit of blasphemy can and does attack Christians. I know because it has happened to me. The Lord helped me to understand that when I was a child, the spirit that was controlling my father (who was abusive) was the spirit of blasphemy. When he would beat me, he would sometimes say things like “I am your God. There is no Jesus.” – he would say those things because I would cry out for Jesus to save me. Once I accepted that Jesus could not save me from him, it caused me to have an incorrect understanding of who Jesus was – a spiritual wound caused by a blasphemy demon.
The things I have learned recently, through the study of scripture and the dreams the Lord Jesus gives me are quite amazing, in my humble opinion:
- The spirit of blasphemy entreats itself as a god and a king;
- The spirit of blasphemy is a demonic stronghold in people’s lives;
- It causes them to think and believe things that are grossly contrary to God’s word and identity;
- It is powerful and relentless;
- The stronghold is generational, it is passed down from one generation to the next unless dealt with by the blood of Jesus through salvation, prayer and fasting;
- Blasphemy demons give unsuspecting Christians dreams that appear to be from Jesus, but are not – the way to tell is by checking the information in the dream against Scripture, by entreating the Lord in prayer SILENTLY, not out loud do not pray out loud – so that no one knows what you are praying for or requesting as confirmation of the dream;
- Because so many Christians believe the bible is in error, changed, etc., and they only listen to “the Holy Spirit” – what they are actually listening to is a blasphemous religious demon
- Blasphemy demons know Scripture and can twist it easily;
- Every demon will blaspheme in one form or another, they have different ways of doing that;
- The spirit of blasphemy is “entrenched” within the minds of the people, and it takes on many different forms;
- The people can’t recognize when they are being spoken to by a demon because they willingly don’t know Scripture – they aren’t studying their Bibles;
- To say that the Bible is corrupted is a false teaching brought about by/from the spirit of blasphemy.
When the Lord says to walk in His Truth, a big part of that is discovering who Jesus is through the pages of the Bible. All those who truly know Jesus will hear His voice. The voice of the Shepherd will NOT tell them not to read their Bibles.
Joh 10:25-30 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one.
Download a free King James Bible here: www.e-sword.net